1. I have lived in three states. I was born in Missouri and lived there through 9th grade before moving to Arkansas. I have actually lived in Colorado longer than I lived in AR, but I tell people I'm from Arkansas when they ask where I'm from. I guess I think of it as my "home" because I went to high school and college there.
2. Before the age of 27, I had purchased two cars and a home all by myself... no co-signers, nothing.
3. I have played the violin and viola since 4th grade. I really wanted to grow up and play the electric violin in a rock band, a la Dave Matthews Band. Needless to say, my dream was not realized.
4. My closet is organized in the following manner: white, cream, yellow, orange, pink, red, green, blue, khaki, brown, grey, black... as well as organized by sleeveless, short-sleeved, and long-sleeved within those colors. My shoes are in wooden compartments with the right shoe facing out and the left shoe facing in. OCD, anyone?
5. I took the ACT in 7th grade through a Duke University program and received national recognition for getting a 28... and then promptly started taking night classes at my local college. My family sadly didn't seem to notice how amazing this achievement was because the same year, my cousin was crowned Miss Teen Tennessee. (This did nothing for my self-esteem, as I had a boy haircut and wore huge glasses... I didn't want to be the smart girl.) The last time I took it was in 10th grade, when I got a 34. I refused to take it again against my parents wishes. Give a girl a break!
6. I am a workaholic and usually have more than one job at a time-- most of my jobs have boasted tenures of 3 years +. A brief list of my job experience: tanning salon attendant, merchandising manager, retail cashier, waitress, hostess, bartender, dogsitter, t-shirt screenprinter, city pools manager, dealer services rep, hedge fund controller, accountant, IT consultant... I've been with my current company for over 7 years.
7. I don't actually have an engagement ring. I've been reluctant to mention this before, as I've noticed some harsh judgment on The Knot boards-- which I tend to avoid due to snarkiness. With the house on the market, J and I thought it was best to hang on to our moolah for as long as possible, hence the lack of a ring, a la Jenna, aka That Bride, aka Miss Avocado on Weddingbee. Hey, if Weddingbee accepted her before she had a ring, then you can't be too judgmental!
Anyone surprised about my "random" admissions? I'm not going to tag anyone, as I'm pretty sure everyone has already posted this one. Feel free if you haven't!








2 comments:
WOW! Those are some really cool facts! Thanks for sharing, love your blog!=)
I think it's kinda neat that you don't have an e-ring yet! Gives you time to really think about what you want - even maybe do a colored stone instead of a traditional diamond! Lot's of fun things to think about!
And the knot blows. Most of those women are bitter anyways - weddingbee is SO much more fun to read!
Post a Comment