Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wedding Wednesday: Bands

Now that I have a front-runner for my wedding band (J is not too content with the cost of said band), I've put a bug in J's ear about finding his wedding band. He would like to try some on before he decides. We have a total of two jewelers within two hours. One of which is contained in a shop about the size of a closet and has very little selection. The other asks for your first born. Lovely. We did browse Etsy tonight and found a couple contenders.

^source

^source
Did you go the traditional route for bands or venture out?

Abbie

5 comments:

jaime said...

We ventured out and ended up buying our bands on Overstock.com. I saved hundreds of dollars on my band, as did my husband. We found what we wanted in stores before going online. The husband's band didn't fit properly when we received it, but Overstock promptly exchanged it and we received the replacement within a couple of days. I'm glad I at least thought of them! :)

Anonymous said...

*love love love* these rings. Especially the wooden one. I saw this one on Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8624809

and even though it's been sold, Sergei is thinking about looking into getting one commissioned like this.

My ring is super traditional (perhaps even boring), but I can see Sergei going for something totally nontraditional.

Autumn said...

We got our rings here: http://www.titaniumrings.com/

Love them!

Malissa said...

I love the first choice, that is so different and and unexpected.

When we were looking for my husband's ring our jeweler (who was amazing) suggested we not get a titanium ring because they can't be resized. I have also heard they are dangerous in the event of an emergency because they aren't easy to cut off like gold is. I don't know what the ones you are looking at are made of, just a thought.

Jamie said...

I love both of these selections!!! My husband doesn't wear a ring, so we borrowed his late grandfather's ring for the ceremony. The only *real* good in this is that was one less thing I had to buy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails