Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wedding Wednesday: Flower Girls

I realized that I never shared with you the full flower girl ensemble. What a more fitting day to share than today-- as it's our 4-month countdown mark!

Gap had an in-store only coupon for 30% off, so I finally felt like I could splurge on the flower girls' shoes. (They were originally $26.50.) My niece loved the shoes so much that she got upset when my step-mom said they had to come to Aunt Abbie's house! The dresses that I picked up from JCrew for the flower girls were big enough that they can wear them again.
Because the dresses are so darn nice, I thought it might be a good idea to get the girls another more playful outfit to change into for the reception. I had nearly forgotten that I had picked up tutus for the girls way back in August last year! (That's the trouble with buying things so far in advance-- you forget!) So, each girl will wear a different colored tutu-- one in brown, one in turquoise, and one in chartreuse. Those aren't exactly our colors, but I really don't care-- I already had them and didn't want to pay any more than I already had. The girls can't wear tutus alone-- so I stopped at Old Navy when I was out of town last month, and picked up white tops and shorts to wear with them. For a visual-- here is a picture I found a bit ago that gives you an idea of how cute the look can be.

^source
Is this not the cutest thing? I'm almost as excited about the second outfit as I am about the first!

Abbie

12 comments:

Christina said...

the flower girl dresses are soo cute!

Shaina said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the flower girl dresses at J.Crew. I really wanted one for my flower girl, but just couldn't justify the expense. I ended up letting my (now) sister-in-law and mother-in-law pick out her dress - and of course it was totally cute.

But...a part of me still wishes that she had worn something like your fg dress! So so so cute! Love the tutu idea, too!

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, that dress is adorable!! I love those green shoes too- she is going to look adorable.

Malissa said...

That is so stinking cute!

southern daze said...

Absolute precious!

Mrs. Classic said...

Love the J Crew dress!! I also love the tutus. I can't wait to see photos.

Jane said...

oh my goodness! both are so adorable! i am loving tutus as fg outfits.

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

That is beyond precious!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

those little girls are the cutest

two brunettes said...

This is the cutest thing EVER!

la la Lovely said...

how darling is that dress!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Would love to see a pic of your mirror over the bed if you have it posted.
x Trina

Katie said...

I have to say, I am usually not a fan of flower girl dresses but this dress and tiny little shoes are absolutely adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails