Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wedding Wednesday: Rehearsal Dinner

I am elated to say that we have officially booked our rehearsal dinner. I can not express how excited I am to have this huge task ticked off my to-do list. YAY!

So... now on to the details. As you might know by now from this and this, I have worked at the rodeo for the past 5 summers. I plan to bartend there again this summer because the money is just too good to give up-- not to mention any extra moolah in this economy is worth scooping up! When J and I first started throwing around rehearsal dinner ideas, I briefly mentioned that I thought it would be fun to have everyone go to the rodeo Friday night. He jumped on the rodeo bandwagon, too. I didn't really give the RD another thought because I had so many other to-do items that I needed to tackle first. Then, J's mother emailed me to tell me how excited she was that we were going to do our RD at the rodeo. I hadn't told her a thing and later J admitted that he had put the bug in his mom's ear. So, I finally needed to get off my rear and call my bosses. They actually live in Florida most of the year, so I left them a voicemail briefly mentioning why I was calling. They called me the next day at work asking for more details. After I gave them an idea of what I was looking for and how many people would be there, they told me they'd call me back with a quote. I was desperately hoping for a discount, as the brisket meal usually runs about $16! Yowza! They called back literally two minutes later. What came out of the other end of the phone just about made me fall out of my chair. They offered to give us our rehearsal dinner and drinks as our wedding gift! I am not even kidding. I almost started crying straight away. We still have to pay for the admission for each person, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to what we would have spent.

What's most exciting about our rehearsal dinner is how unique it is and that it gives our guests a little *glimpse* into my summer life. I can not even wait!

Abbie

8 comments:

PixieGrin said...

oh my gosh abbie...that sounds like so much fun! and what great peeps to pitch in like that...you're such a lucky girl!

PinkSass said...

WOW, that is just so wonderful of them! Lucky you!

LauraAnn said...

That was so nice of your bosses! Congrats on such a nice gift and getting one more wedding-to-do item off the list!

Anonymous said...

oh wow...sounds like tons of fun!! and totally unique! Love it!

Cara said...

Aww, congrats!! That's *so* terrific! Just reading about their generosity makes *my* day :D -- i can't even imagine your giddiness!

Natalie said...

That is wonderful and it sounds like so much fun!

southern daze said...

What a fun idea for your RD and I think it's awesome that you'll be giving everyone a peek into "your world." That's one of those small touches that really goes a long way in making your guests feel special. And how wonderful that it's being "gifted" to you. A definite testament of what a wonderful person you are...

Brittany said...

this is great! What a fun unique way to enjoy your guests the night before your wedding! I cannot wait to see pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails