Friday, October 17, 2008

Fabulous Shoe Friday: Boots

By now, you all know about my cowboy boot collection. Many of you have commented about how you would love to buy a pair, so I'm going to bring the boots to you. Unlike me, you're probably looking for a pair that are somewhat subdued, so I'll share a little of both. I certainly didn't start out flashy right out of the gate. My very first pair were neutral Tony Lamas that J bought me. He hates that he got me started. Seriously, he thinks I have a problem. (Oh... and don't croak when you see some of the prices.)

These Justins are great for someone just starting out. They're square-toed, too. Most of mine are pointy, but I can definitely appreciate a square-toe. Remember, pointy boots get more beat up from everyday wear.
I would buy this second pair for my step-sister because she's in love with butterflies. (Only $69!)
I already have this next pair, but not with the turquoise embroidery. Yum.

Too die for...
I already have this next pair, but mine are khaki with a cream shaft, red accents and a turquoise toe.

Another butterfly boot... much more expensive than the first.
I lurve this pair.

So... again, I love the flashiness that you can get with a boot. Something to remember, you usually only see the foot, so it's like a little flash coming out of your pants. All images from Sheplers.

My favorite brand is Old Gringo, as I've mentioned before. They are hand-made in Mexico... amazing craftmenship. If you're unsure of your size, read up on reviews. Some boots run a bit snugger than others. I find that Lucchese runs narrower through the foot. Frye sometimes runs a bit small as well. Also, your heel should always come up just a bit as you walk. I suggest you search eBay first and grab a pair from there. Feel free to ask me questions if you find a pair you like!

What? You want to see my collection? Check back later this weekend.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a fun thing to collect! Those are all adorable boots!

Milltini said...

Just came across your blog and I love it. And I love these shoes! I have been buying to purchase a pair of boots for awhile, thanks!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i'm dying to see your collection. i'm so ready to buy my first pair of boots (since i was 10 years old and rode horses) and you're my go to girl for all things boots! :)

Cara said...

Ooh, glad you linked to this post-- these are too cute!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails