Now that our place is no longer subject to showings, I am ready to start destashing. I have to be honest with you all... I am addicted to stuff. Not just one thing particularly... all things. It is sad. When J and I moved in together 3 years ago, I had to move out of the place I had rented alone for 3 years. I had moved into that place about a month before J and I started dating. When I moved out, he quickly commented, "There is stuff in here I have never seen in the past three years... how deep are these closets??" At that time, I was saving every "gift" my grandmother had sent me, no matter how worthless it might have been. (Sidenote: I love my grandmother dearly. She just tends to send me her old junk when she decides she doesn't want it any longer. I felt horrible throwing her things out.)
I have purged many times between now and then. I even take bags and bags of clothes and shoes to my girlfriend to sort through before I donate them (four times in 3 years). Her boyfriend was not too happy when she brought home four trash bags worth of my junk earlier this year.
This time, I plan on listing many items on Ebay. I've been too short on time to sell my items in the past, but I've decided it's definitely worth the money to take the time. Check back for my Ebay listings if you're interested in a women's small-frame Cannondale mountain bike, JCrew jackets, Banana shoes and dresses, AMuse stamps, and many items still with tags.
Please don't judge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
ooohhhh i'll be checking back for sure. not that i need to buy ANYTHING.
I'm a hoarder too. It's an affliction!
Post a Comment