We met with our potential (almost guaranteed) photographer after work last night. Part of her package includes an engagement shoot.
J is adamant that he does not want this part of the package. I have never seen him so adamant before. We have seen a lot of e-pics in the past two years, as many of our friends are now married. Every time we see some, he has pointed out how awkward our friends look and that you don't need a ton of pics of you in your regular clothes (*none of these pics were taken by our potential photographer). I get his reasoning to a point, but I also thought it would be nice to have a couple of pictures of us that don't involve one of us holding the camera or hiding a beverage out of view. ;)
The photographer said that she could extend the shoot time of the reception past the guaranteed two hours if we don't go with the e-shoot. J said that he thought it would be much more worth the money to have pictures of us enjoying our time with friends and family. So, I caved. I did manage to get him to agree to let a friend take a couple of pictures of us in cute clothes at another time, though.
A couple of questions for you married ladies: Did you have an engagement shoot? How much time did you allot between ceremony and reception for picture taking? How long did your photographer stay during the reception? We were having such a time of it last night trying to get the timing down that I thought I would put these questions to you for help!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
Ok this comment doesn't have anything to do with your post but I saw your comment on another blog and just had to say "WOO PIG SOOIE!!!!!" ;)
My husband was admantly against e-pics too. He thought it was a waste of time, money, etc. But then when we did it- we had so much fun. And he was able to get comfortable being natural infront of a camera with our photographer. Out of the 300+ epics some where not so hot- that helped us see things like I swing my arm wayyyyy too much for the walking pics so we would be more at ease on our wedding day photo time. Wouldn't you rather have the ackward photos be in regular clothes than your wedding photos?
Our photographer was with us + or - 9 hours. Which was a nice amount to capture the getting ready (2.5), do photos before (2.5 hours) and after ceremony (30 mins of just us afterwards), and he was there through all the highlights of the reception till things started to slow down. At some point- pictures of people dancing are just pictures of people dancing... but that is my opinion. You will also want to factor in travel time between your ceremony and reception if they are not at the same place. Now I have written a really long comment so I will leave it at that!
we did engagement pics, but we did them in formal wear. We went to a park, and we have a friend who is a professional photographer here in ATL [got married elsewhere]. We waited until right before sunset. I put on a red dress from BR. Mr. Newlywed wore a black suit.
We had a great time. There are pictures of us drinking wine on a picnic blanket, just walking, fixing each other's hair...no typical engagement pics at all. Not a single one.
We had a different photographer at our wedding, because we got married elsewhere.
We didn't do e-pics and while I regretted it for about a nanosecond, I'm totally over it. We have so many pics from our wedding and honeymoon and if we had e-pics to display as well, there just wouldn't be enough room. I like the idea of your photographer staying later at the reception. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly how long ours stayed (we've been married for five years)so I won't be any help there.
We did e-pics - I really wanted them because we have so few 'good' pictures of ourselves. I am glad we did - they turned out great and it was a fun afternoon spent being silly. We are both photographers so us being on the other side of the camera was good practice for us too.
We did all our 'posed' pictures prior to the ceremony because I wanted to get to partying as soon as possible. I recommend this as a recently married chick and as a wedding photographer. If you do do them after the ceremony 30 min max is ideal...go enjoy your party!
Our photographer was with us from 10am to 10pm when the wedding ended. So glad!
We weren't going to do e-pics, and then I changed my mind because I wanted a couple of good pics of us with our dog. Our photographer took very standard epics, and I was a little disappointed in them. I do think it helped us to relax a bit more in front of the camera on our wedding day (b/c we knew what to expect), and the pictures turned out much better. That said, we probably won't display any of our epics at home (mostly b/c I don't need that many pictures of us around the house).
We had a traditional Catholic ceremony at 2pm (ended at 3:00) and our reception didn't start until 5pm. We did a lot of pictures in the downtime, however, I'm guessing your wedding day isn't structured like this, so I don't know that my experience would help.
Our photographer started when we got to the church at 11:00am, and then stayed through about the first course of dinner (she did not require a meal). Nearly all of our guests' pictures that we've seen are from our reception, so I don't feel we needed her there any longer than she was.
Good luck figuring it all out.
We did the e-pics as part of the package, and enjoyed it so much. My f says it helped him a lot to see that he really needs to relax, I'm just a natural poser! We are leaving an hour between ceremony and party for our pics, the guests will have a space to sit down, enjoy the view, have champagne and snacks and use a photo booth-setup so I hope they won't mind... Photographer staying about 2 hours into party. Good luck!
Post a Comment