Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh, I've Missed You So and Wedding Wednesday is Back

I miss blogging! I feel like such a bad blogger, but my schedule has been off the charts lately. It seems like just when I'm starting to feel caught up something comes along to knock me back to reality. Is this what happens when you get down to the 3-month mark? Sunday will officially put us in the under three month time-frame, which has me a bit on edge. It seems like there just aren't enough hours in the day! I'm sure you've all felt the same way! Since I've been "gone" a while, I thought I would at least clue you in to a few things that I have probably forgotten to mention.

KA is pregnant, which I know I've told you, but I forgot to tell you the result of the dress debacle! First, I felt I should clarify that I am very excited for KA and her husband. I am not sure if that was completely obvious in my original post, but I wanted to make sure everyone knows that I'm not so wedding-obsessed that I can't be absolutely overjoyed for one of my best friends! She has a nine-month old right now, so her shock became my shock, which probably showed it's ugly head on the blog. BUT-- while she thought I might kick her out of the wedding for being (quote) "fat", the thought never would have even crossed my mind! I think pregnant women are absolutely adorable and can't wait to see her preggers again. What did we do about the bridesmaid dress that will no longer fit? It just so happens that Jen had ordered a dress that was too big... and is flowy... with an open waist. Hmmm-- want to trade? So, the girls are trading dresses for the day because they are really in love with their original dresses and wanted each other to promise they could have their dresses back. How funny is that? The stress was gone as soon as it arrived! Yay for thinking on the fly!

I finally realized how expensive our cake was going to be. Yikes. We originally planned on a presentation cake for 80 and sheet cake for the rest. Then, we changed sheet cake to cupcakes to ensure our caterer wouldn't have to cut anything. THEN... I said screw the cupcakes from our cake lady. When I realized that she wanted to charge an additional $1.50 per slice if we wanted our layers to be different flavors and then an additional $0.50 per cupcake if we wanted multiple flavors of cupcakes, all I could see were dollar signs. Highway robbery, I say! I do still love her cakes, though. So, we are now doing a presentation cake for 60. Here's the kicker-- I talked my amazingly talented BM Jen into starting her own cake business. She's just getting logistics worked out, but she has offered to make cupcakes for our wedding to supplement the cake! Woo-hoo! I'm over the moon. So, what did I request?
I've also asked for some floral ones a la Martha Stewart. I am so excited that I could shout from the rooftops. Honestly, I am that excited! I picked up some of the sugar as pictured above this weekend while I was in Denver. Which brings me to...

I was a bit disappointed with my Denver trip, although I was able to knock a couple of things off of my list. I think I had ADD because I only had from 12-6 to shop with it being a Sunday trip. I couldn't keep my eye-on-the-prize, so to speak. Michael's didn't have nearly as much as I wanted them to have. Bummer. I did use a 40% off coupon on a new Martha Stewart paper holder. What can I say... I love my organization!

I already had an outfit for our ring bearer, but I decided it was a bit blah. The original get-up was a khaki blazer from BabyGap, with seersucker shorts and a white polo. Blah. I did find more options, though! I picked up some very preppy green flat front shorts from BabyGap. Then, I stopped in Janie & Jack and spotted a blue gingham top and a seersucker jacket. Pictures below... I am going to play around a bit with the combos to see what works best. I might return the seersucker blazer because the store clerk said it was blue, but it's really charcoal and might not fit in well with the other stuff anyway. We'll see.
I am loving the gingham top-- especially since I bought one of the groomsmen a tie just like it!

I stopped by David's Bridal to get my shoes dyed. I posted about the shoes eons ago and just realized I showed you the wrong shoe! I had looked at the Marissa, but I went with the Macy. DOH! Oops. So, below is the shoe I had already bought TWO years ago. They let me dye them for only $3! Can you believe it?! I chose Capri as the color. I have my fingers crossed. If they don't work, no harm, no foul. Right?
More updates to come tomorrow! Thanks so much for hanging in there during my breaks.

Abbie

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

OMG those cupcakes look amazing! I want one right now! haha

LauraAnn said...

Wow! You have been a busy lady!!! That is awesome that your friend is going to make the cupcakes for your wedding!

Chic Runner said...

So glad you are finally back! :) yay! :) glad everything worked out with the dresses and that everything seems to be falling in place. Too bad about chickfila though, I would have been BEYOND bummed

Emie said...

Those are the most beautiful cupcakes I've ever seen! :)
Love, love, love!!!
I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress!
Everything will come together better than you imagined, I'm sure!

Mojito Maven said...

ok:

1. you have been BUSY
2. I want one of those cupcakes...shhh don't tell me WW leader

southern daze said...

Things are really coming together and I couldn't be happier for you!

If there are certain things from Michael's you're looking for let me know and I can keep an eye out for you at ours (we have two).

Milltini said...

we have missed you so! glad you are back ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails