Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wedding Wednesday: Event Attire

Today, I'm in the mood for dresses. It must be the weather. I'm drawn to fun spring colors... but the great debate between "go white or go bright" for wedding events got me thinking about white, as well.

I stumbled upon this cute shower dress or wedding dress alternative.

Another great white option...
On to the color!!

A great MOB option?
Perfect for moi? Mais oui!
Which would you prefer for pre-wedding events? White... or bright? (All dresses found via ModCloth.)

Abbie

12 comments:

Adrienne said...

Very cute dresses! I am going for bright for our pre-wedding parties! It's summer time so I figure why not?!

Ashley Turner said...

Either! I only have one set event and that's my rehearsal dinner - I chose to wear my wedding colors cause I found a dress and cardi in those colors in the first store I went into! I think just find a dress that suits you and fits well that you also love and buy it in whatever color it comes in! Doesn't really matter!!!

Shaina said...

These dresses are gorgeous! I love the top white one, the flowy blue one, and then pink floral. All gorgeous. The pink floral with the belt has such a 50s vibe to it - I am totally loving it.

I thought about wearing white for my rehearsal dinner dress, but ended up with something completely different, a blue cashmere dress that I fell in love with at J.Crew. The most important thing is to find something, no matter what the color, that you look and feel absolutely fabulous in!

Anonymous said...

oh I love the blue one!!

Stephanie said...

I love that purplish one with the flowers. It is super cute.

I loved the dresses I wore to my shower and the rehersal. None of them were white...haha! I hadn't even thought about wearing white to them...that is a cute idea though!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i love white dresses because i figure it's the only time when you can wear a white dress to a wedding function without worrying about upsetting someone. i LOVE that first dress!

Tara Vorhes said...

I luv that blue dress! And the red one too. I don't think you can go wrong with either bright or white... which ever makes you smile!

alissa said...

i did a little of each - white to one shower, navy to another - and black to the rehearsal.
haha i like that i consider navy and black colors :)

i like the pink floral one!

LauraAnn said...

Cute dresses! I would go for bright! I love bright fun colors and since I will be in white (well, ivory) for the wedding I would want to go bright!

Also, I am one of those unlucky people who no matter how careful I am I always seem to get something on white.....kinda scares me for the wedding!

dee said...

So cute! I love ModCloth. Their dresses are always so sweet. I'm excited for you for your shower...it made me smile, thinking of my own:)

beckylbranch said...

Those dresses are all adorable...I have to go check out that site!

Lyndsy said...

Love all the dresses! They are gorgeous! But I espeically love the blue and the first white dress. So girly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails