On average, I cut my hair off-- I mean, OFF, as in super short-- every two years. My hair grows amazingly fast. Within those two years, my hair has grown down to my bra strap once again. With marriage talk running wild, I decided not to cut my hair the last time the 2-year mark came up. Now, I am at about 3 1/2 years and am going crazy. I want to just chop it all off and be done with it. The funny thing is... once I cut it, I let it start growing again and don't keep it short. No rhyme or reason to my madness. So... when I saw this pic on
A Summer Picnic Wedding, I immediately wanted to call my stylist to book an appointment. Good thing it was 9pm. :)

Here's a pic of me with short hair (on our 3rd anniversary in Sept. '05):

A little factoid-- I actually cut all of my hair off THAT day, without telling J!

12 comments:
I'm going through the same thing! Twice I've chopped my hair off (the most recent one for locks of love) and grown it out. I'm at the point where i want to chop it off really really bad...but with the wedding I feel like I need long hair! I'm still undecided. You look super cute with short hair...you could totally pull it off for your wedding!
Ha! I do the SAME thing! I'm in the process of growing it right now and I can guarantee that once it hits "bra strap length" I'm going to want to cut it again!
I also do the same thing with coloring it...it's dark brown right now, but with summer coming up, I'm so wanting to lighten up!
You look adorable with both long & short hair (most people aren't so lucky!) so either way you're a winner. Do you have your heart set on having it long for the wedding?
Hmmm...I guess when I actually think about it, I do a similar thing too. But D has made me promise that I won't ever cut my hair too short again...he likes it longer and I complained about it the entire time, so nobody wins. I think when I get married, though, I will want it long. Lots of people cut their hair off post-wedding day. Your hair looks super cute long or short though, so I don't think you can go wrong ;-)
LOVE that cut! it's going to look so great on you!!!
I'm the same way... I love both long and short hair and stopped cutting my hair for about 1.5 years before our wedding and now its been 6 months and still no cut! Its longer than my bra strap and I'm itching to cut it but I love all the latest long-hair trends so I'm thinking to keep it long for a little while more...
Great pictures!! I'm also a short-haired bride, so I love seeing photos of women who kept their hair short for the wedding. Thanks for sharing!
I like the short hair! There's nothing wrong with a pre-wedding chop, it just changes your options.
im the opposite! im not sure if its humanly possible for my hair to grow slower. its crazy. im petrified to cut it because thats like a 4 year commitment to get it back where it is
I do this too. Grow my beautiful hair out then get sick of it and chop it all off. Then I complain about it being short and grow it out again. And the cycle continues.
I love short hair brides! Something SO confident about it and SO lovely!
I do the major hair chop every 2 years thing, too! Mine grows fast enough to donate to locks of love, so that's usually what happens. Now that I have a baby, I'm thinking it's going to be short for a while (funny, she just doesn't get the "this is not a handle" rule about my hair, lol)...
Post a Comment