Friday, February 5, 2010

More Super Bowl Munchies...

Just in case you still haven't decided what to make this Super Bowl Sunday (or any day for that matter), here's a great link to some healthier recipes!

Here'a a great spinach dip recipe that has been adapted in a "lite" way:
2 packages (10 oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 can (8 oz) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1 cup finely chopped green onions (with tops)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed

Mix all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1 hr. Makes about 4 1/2 cups of dip.

We're watching the game at our friends' house, and I only have to bring an app... now, I just need to decide what to bring!

Abbie

8 comments:

beckylbranch said...

MMMM...that does sound good! I absolutely LOVE spinach dip...it's really good with dill in it too!

Malissa said...

Yum, that does sound like a good one!

navy blue and i do. . . said...

i'm making this on sunday for sure. . thanks for the awesome lighter version of something so delicious!!!

M. Eileen said...

this looks so delicious! I need to try it sometime!

LindsB said...

Even though the superbowl is over, this still looks delish and I kinda want it for dinner tonight :)

Christi said...

how did they turn out? thanks for your thoughts, too.

christi said...

how did they turn out? thanks for your thoughts, too.

Becky said...

MMMM...that does sound good! I absolutely LOVE spinach dip...it's really good with dill in it too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails