Part of my goal to being a better me involved exercising a bit more. I renewed my gym membership at the beginning of the year and, at first, had a hard time getting motivated. I'm not a free-weight kind of girl, so I usually found myself on the treadmill. Everyone knows that you'll get bored out of your mind before you know it if you don't mix it up a bit. So, I took a look at the class calendar one day after work and realized a new class was starting... might as well give it a try. And that's how I found myself three weeks into Jazzercise. You heard me. Dancing around, arms swinging, grapevining, leg kicking... with jazz hands. I'm loving it. At first, I felt like a big goob, but I quickly got over it. Who cares what I look like... I'm sweating like crazy! I haven't lost any weight, but my heart rate monitor no longer fits around my chest-- a sign that inches are melting away. Also, my heart rate isn't sky-rocketing like it was during the first few classes, so I can tell that I'm getting in better shape. The music is really fun and new, so you'll find yourself doing eight counts in your head when you hear the song outside of class. They change it up every few classes, so you don't get too comfortable doing the same thing every time. I ran into my pharmacist after class, and she died laughing when I told her what I'd been doing because she'd done it back in the late 70s-early 80s. I think something must be right if it's still around, right?
I don't have a picture for this post, so I'll leave you with this...









4 comments:
Great for you, glad you are enjoying it!
I love that! I tried it once, and couldn't get into it - but variety is key and it is fun to work out with a lot of other motivated people!
WOW that picture is kind of scary!! Good for you for trying something new. I have never taken a class before but I bet I would be pretty clumsy. Who knows maybe I would actually like it.
I love that! I tried it once, and couldn't get into it - but variety is key and it is fun to work out with a lot of other motivated people!
Post a Comment