Thursday, May 28, 2009

More DIY Fun

After telling you on Wednesday that I didn't do any wedding related stuff until Monday, I realized I lied. Oops! I can't believe I forgot.

First, on Saturday, I took advantage of a gift certificate my parents got me for my birthday last August (yikes!) and got an hour and a half long massage. She focused on my back and arms because of the carpal tunnel issues. It was absolutely wonderful! I spoke to her about using yet another gift certificate that J got me for Valentine's Day for a wedding week massage. I always go to the same masseuse, so when she told me she was taking off that week for her birthday, I was a bit bummed. She did tell me that she will book me the Thursday afternoon prior to the wedding anyway. Yay! I carry my stress in my back, so I'm positive a massage will be a huge help the week of the wedding.

Afterward, I went over to BM Jen's house to try out cupcake recipes for the wedding. I was beyond excited to try out flavors and spent $70 on supplies (because I didn't want to use her stuff for my wedding trials, and the supplies will last until the wedding, too). We tried three different recipes from the 500 Cupcakes cookbook that Crate & Barrel is offering. The first was the Baked Cheesecake recipe. I was in love. J and I cannot get enough cheesecake, even though he is not a sweets person. I hate to say... that was the ONLY recipe that turned out! It was a fairly disappointing adventure. (A little shrimp curry cured my woes.) I'm wondering if the altitude caused the issues, so I'm going to do a bit of research. The other two recipes we tried were Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes and Devil's Food Cupcakes. Both of them fell in the middle and way overflowed. The brownie one looked normal on the outside, but there was no middle at all. Bizarre. Jen and I decided we should make it more of a dessert bar than a cupcake and cake display. I'm thinking mini key lime pies might be fun. We'll see!

Have you had any DIY fails?
*Nearly forgot again... we finally ordered my band! Yay. :)

Abbie

2 comments:

Mrs. Classic said...

Next time add an extra egg and an extra tablespoon of flour. Also raise the temp a little, all three will help it not fall next time.

Abbie said...

Great tip! Thanks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails