Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wedding Wednesday

This Wedding Wednesday post is going to be a bit of a mixed bag, so to speak. I decided to roll my shopping excursion and wedding post into one. I mentioned that my trip to Denver was a bit of a tale... well, let's just say that I hit three malls, two Chick-fil-As, two Michaels, a David's Bridal and Party Place. My feet were still throbbing yesterday from all of the trekking I did.

I went in search of paper products, but I fell short. I think this girl is going to just bite the bullet and pay shipping. While I hate paying for shipping, it's just become too difficult for me to get everything done during day trips. Paper Source it is. I did happen to have a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase at Michael's, so you know I took advantage of that! I grabbed more vases for our centerpieces because they can be expensive, as well as a galvanized bucket for a mere $14.99-- a lot cheaper than I've seen any where else. I also picked up this...
--thinking that maybe, just maybe I can make something like this... wishful thinking?

I went to several Macy's to pick up these shirts for the guys. The original shirts I purchased at Banana Republic ended up being too large (and will be on Ebay soon!), so we opted to pick up new shirts in actual measurement sizing (i.e. 16 34-35 vs. large). Macy's was having a huge one day sale, so I got the new shirts for $19.99 each. Score! I picked up another tie for J, that just happened to be marked down to $4.99 from $49.50! Amazing. Slowly but surely, I'm also picking up different blue ties for the guys, as well.
After the Macy's hooplah, I was overjoyed to step into Anthro. I promptly picked up these for summer. Yay! I've been wanting a pair for a while now, and these are perfect for my petite self (ahem... short). They had a nice sale selection, so I picked up these to use during the reception.
The best part of the trip? Picking up my dyed shoes at DB. I will definitely need Foot Petals in them, but these were a heck of a lot cheaper than all of the designer brands I was checking out. They came out a bit lighter than I'd hoped, and I still wish I dyed them emerald instead. No need to concern myself with that now!
So, the trip was overall pretty productive, although I could have used another day to not be a harried mess running between stores!

Abbie

4 comments:

Bride in Exile said...

The shoes are adorable, Abbie!

southern daze said...

Doesn't it feel good to get stuff crossed off your list? Yeah for you!

I know what you mean about paying shipping charges but at some point it is worth it. This is definitely one of those times -- your time is money!

Your shoes are great!

Katie said...

What kind of paper are you looking for? The Paper Mill store has the best prices I've seen on cardstock, paper, and envelopes.

www.thepapermillstore.com

Abbie said...

Thanks, Katie! I actually ordered some paper from there earlier this week as a trial. I have my fingers crossed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails