Tuesday, May 19, 2009

No Posts Today

For the first time since starting my weekly Wedding Wednesday posts, I'm taking a moment of silence. I debated whether to even mention it on the blog, but I felt like I needed to explain my absence. On Monday morning, a friend of mine, a local restaurant owner, lost his life in a horrible incident while back east on a trip visiting with his fiancee's parents. The details are just too gruesome to divulge, and I'm having such a hard time with the reality of it all. The whole ordeal has me thrown for a loop... questioning every detail. It is just too devastating. I hope that what I gain from it is the understanding that life is precious. Take a moment to tell those you love just that!

Abbie

16 comments:

Gaia said...

I'm so sorry for you...
Love
gaia

Adrienne said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear that! That is awful! Hang in there!!

Natalie said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend. You and your friend's family/friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

LauraAnn said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry!!! You and your friend's family are in my prayers!

Bride in Exile said...

Abbie, I'm so sorry about your friend. That's heartbreaking.

erica said...

Abbie, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending thoughts and prayers your way and for the family of your friend. Life is precious, for sure, and thank you for the reminder.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh-I am so sorry for you and your friend's family.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

I am so sorry, Abbie. Sometimes we all need a good reminder about what is most important and so precious in life, so thank you for reminding me today.

USCEmily said...

My prayers are with you and your friend's family and fiancee, Abbie. What a terrible thing to have to go through- I'll be thinking about you!

Ashley Turner said...

I am so sorry. That is just dreadful news! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers... hope to see you blogging again soon :-)

southern daze said...

Death is hard. It's ugly and scary and confusing and devastating. Take all the time you need and know we're here for you if/when you need us. I lost a very close friend of mine nine years ago and know there are no words that will take away your pain. I certainly wish there were because I'd love to say them to you right now. All I can offer is my friendship and a listening ear and hope that's enough to at least help get you through this heartbreaking time.

Hugs...

Chic Runner said...

Hey Abbie, I'll be thinking of you. So sorry that this had to happen to you.

it is everlasting said...

I don't even know what to say. You are such a sweet encouraging person and I can only pray that my words would be of encouragement to you. Death stings the soul like none other and it will take time to heal from this. I am thinking of and praying for you, your family, & friends.

Mrs. Classic said...

I will keep you in my prayers.

Autumn said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what his fiancee is going through right now.

ambika said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Related Posts with Thumbnails