The bridesmaid dress that was $150... is now $89.99... with an extra 30% off.
The flower girl dresses that were $119... are now $89.99... with an extra 30% off.
I had actually called about an additional 30% off that was announced right after buying the dresses, and they gave it to me... but still. Total savings would have been: $83.89!
Argh... and of course, I bought the bridesmaid jewelry today. I did get free shipping. I just hope she doesn't have a sale that makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing buying all of this stuff 7 1/2 months in advance.







6 comments:
I know the feeling! I always buy stuff early because I worry that the size(s) I want will be gone, and then wind up feeling dumb for not waiting longer. Ah well.
I also feel your guest list pain. My future in-laws are also keen to invite loads of people. It's not really my ideal, but it means so much to them and they are paying for nearly half of the wedding costs, so I'm OK with it. If we were paying for it ourselves, though, it would be another story. At the risk of sounding heartless, if your in-laws want more guests or a second reception, they need to pay for it themselves - it's not fair to expect you guys to pay for things you don't have the money for.
Don't get frustrated Abbie!! Everything will be fine!
i am also the bride that does things "way too early" by the bridal magazine standards (but at the same time can you EVER be too early?)
we have about nine months to go, and i want to finsih EVERYTHING tomorrow, you know?
ohhhhh wow. That's a toughie... so you were under the impression that they were paying for the whole 2nd reception but they aren't? Wow.
I totally feel you on the quickly buying things only to see them go on sale for much less not long after. Booo to that.
I have watched the prices on my stuff go down too! And some of my maids were able to exchange the dresses for the sale price which is good. But with sale prices come less sizes! 2 of my girls still haven't bought theirs and their size (4) is the smallest size left. ugh. I know I can just have them get another dress in the same fabric and color, but it bothers me that they waited so long! Especially when i have been sending them texts like "30% off today!" and "sizes 0 and 2 sold out!"... I am not a bridezilla, but come on, they put off buying them for over a month and a half... not my problem! (wow, total rant. i have been holding that in for a little while now :) )
I feel you, Heather! I know that I'm not being a bridezilla, either, but I still feel like a nag! That's why I ended up just buying everything myself for them to pay me back. Now... I'm just waiting for the paying back part! ;)
Post a Comment