- Both sites have been paid in full-- deposits and fees!
- Photographer has been booked-- deposit has been paid!
- Caterer has been booked-- meeting and deposit is scheduled for January!
- Cake has been booked-- deposit has been paid!
- Florals-- still need to work this one out. Ugh.
- Flatware and glasses have been bought-- still need to rent plates and wine glasses.
- Officiant has been booked-- already started discussing our ceremony ideas, briefly.
- Dress has been bought-- looking into alterations.
- Bridesmaid dresses have been bought and work!
- Bridesmaid gifts have been bought, including shoes and jewelry.
- Flower girl dresses have been bought and work!
- Flower girl gifts have been bought-- still need shoes.
- Ring bearer outfit has been bought.
- Father has tried on suits and knows his size-- plans to buy suit in January.
- Save-the-dates have been lined and stuffed-- website inserts just need to be printed!
- Invitation info has been submitted to designer. (Won during a Style Me Pretty giveaway!)
- Out of town bags have been purchased-- still need to get stuffings.
- Registries have been started-- need to amp them up a bit.
- Wedding website has been created.
- Room blocks have been created.
- Location map has been created.
- Favors have been bought.
- Guest list has been decided. The additional 73? It turned into 109. But, we're doing it. While we're at it, we're adding another 25. Geez. It's what he wants, so I'm compromising. So much for the somewhat intimate 85 attendees.
Question of the day... how many have you or did you invite?







5 comments:
I am stuck on florals too. Can't decide whether to save myself the stress and get a florist or to save myself the money and get them wholesale...
And as for me, we are inviting almost 120 (but hoping for under 100 :) ) Our parents were actually really good about the whole guest list thing. My mom realizes that she is paying for it, so if she wants more people she has to pay more :) And Bryans parents are on the east coast so most of the friends they have who they would want to invite have never met me before and don't know bryan very well, so they only had us invite family. Easy Peasy. Although since making my list a cousin of mine got engaged (i didn't even know she was dating!) another got pregnant (1 more to the children list!) and another one started dating again and has said she wants to bring him... I just keep telling myself that it will all balance out :)
wow. you have so much done already...no wonder you're in a kind of planning funk! i know how you feel about the guest list...i had the same problem..but isn't it great that so many people want to share your day with you? and how can you possibly put a limit on the number of people to share your love with? well..that's what i keep telling myself. :)
i didn't see shoes or makeup or purse on your list...not to make you freak out...these are heavy on my mind right now...with 5 months as of today to go!
keep up the good work!
Wow! These are great! Florals are the most fun. :) I'll bet now that the new year has hit you'll be extra energized to get everything done! Take it in stride and enjoy your engagement!!
Ha so I called a local florist today and she is all "you are super early, call me back after march" haha I still feel like i need to sit down with someone to figure it all out though. I made an appointment with a girl my age who does them out of her home. She probably needs all this extra time :) I feel pretty accomplished. Oh and the first lady also told me to "start looking at pictures of flowers" ... if only she knew what I did all day :)
Oh, Heather... this makes me laugh because the person I called told me to call in May. I was a bit skeptical, but now that I hear you say that, I'm not as worried. My friend gave me the name of the person who did her flowers... and she lives out of her home, as well. I am thinking that might be the best bet!
Post a Comment