Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Any Ebates Users?

Are there any Ebates users out there? I somehow signed up for an account, but I'm almost afraid to try it. Don't ask me why. So, does it work? Do you really save loads of moolah, or is it just a pipe dream? Weigh in.

Abbie

6 comments:

jaime said...

It's not just about saving money on ebates. You use the site to go to the sites you normally buy stuff from (me - Gap.com and Overstock.com.) You get a percentage of your total purchase back, in cash. They send you a check (or deposit into your bank account) every quarter. I've got about $40 coming to me in two weeks. A friend had over $100 once (she also bought plane tickets), so over time it really does work! Just remember to go to ebates.com before you go to your regular sites. You can still use coupon codes and get the same sales/free shipping/etc.

Kelly said...

yes, I have been using it for about a month. So far, I have about $20 in e-bates cash which I think will be sent to be by check on feb 15th? So far, I think it is the greatest thing ever. I have been buying all my toiletries on drugstore.com so that I can get money back. I'm obsessed.

Bridechka said...

I have never heard of Ebates before but now I am curious to see what everyone else says too :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, I've used it. I've made about $75 using it. Also, don't forget Retailmenot.com. That is a website that lists discount codes, so I will go through ebates, get a % off by using the site, then enter a code I found at RMN and get more off, or free shipping, etc. Works like a charm!

Anonymous said...

I'm the blogger at Ebates, and I assure you we are 100% on the up-and-up. As Jaime said, we are generally more known for offering a Cash Back percentage than for coupons and codes, though we do have a number of coupons located on our site.

One note regarding sergeilovestonya's comment - while we totally support saving as much as you can, there are some instances where external coupons can affect cash back tracking. Just an FYI.

Thanks for starting the conversation, and if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me.

Anonymous said...

I have signed up for eBates, but haven't used it too much.

I love MyPoints.com. You receive points for $ spent and then redeem them for gift cards.

I am so glad you brought this up...it's such a good deal that I should share it with everyone in a post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails