Family- I'm going to resolve my issues with my family. You've read my complaints about my family on this blog before. This year, I'd like to drop the negativity and accept my family for who they are. I know they care about me, otherwise, they wouldn't try to be so involved in our wedding. My first action item-- this impromptu trip I'm taking this week. I need to remind myself how much I love being around them.
Friends- J and I are both bad about not actively keeping in touch with friends... even those that live in the same town! We talk about it a lot, but we never seem to do anything about it. We've gotten into the get up, go to work, come home, go to bed routine, and our friends aren't hearing from us nearly as much as they should.
Faith- I was not raised with religion. In middle school, I started going to church with friends and continued to go through college. I went to different denominational churches in order to see what each type believed. When I moved to Steamboat, I never picked up where I left off.
Fitness- I am looking at this one as focusing on overall health. I need to keep up both my healthy eating and mindset. If I don't do this, I will slide back into the ways that helped me gain 20 lbs in 3 years. Everything I worked for the past six months will have been waste-- a short-term answer to a much bigger problem. Both of my parents have health problems, so if I don't address my hereditary issues now, they will be a lot harder to address further down the road.
Finances- This is a big one. I am a numbers girl. I've been in finance for over 10 years. For some reason, I can create budgets all day long, yet I tend to ignore them. J thinks it might have something to do with the fact that I didn't grow up with many things, and once I began to make my own money... if I liked it, I had to have it. In order to retrain my brain, I need to make a commitment to myself to change the way I look at my money. I plan to go through the items I have that are not being used and trash, donate or resell those items that are in excess. I have closets stuffed to the brims, so be on the lookout for eBay listings!
I am confident that the changes I make in these aspects of my life can be carried over into future years easily and aren't unreachable goals, as they're more like lifestyle changes that will make me a better person.
Now, I did have that goal to run a marathon before I turned 30. I've run the half marathon here every year, but the full has always kind of freaked me out. Plus, I probably should have started training, um... two weeks ago, a month ago?? So, do you think I should go for it? It would help the fitness aspect on my list.
Have you set resolutions this year? Do you tend to keep them or stick to them?








5 comments:
I'm in the same place about deciding about a full marathon... :/ It's a tough decision but I think you can do it!
Good for you! It feels so good to be working towards goals isn't it! We have also been selling lots of stuff on ebay. We have made a couple hundred already.
I LOVE your 5 F's! I think I'll copy you :) ...as for the full marathon...go for it! I'm trying to decide still where I want to do my next half...I'm too scared to do a full yet!
I am the same way with my finances! We didn't have a whole lot growing up so once I started making my own money I bought what I wanted. But now... now I am on a strict budget. I don't want to have to start off my marriage in debt :)
These are such great goals! They are way better than most New Years resolutions that I've heard. These are real life changes that will greatly increase your happiness. I'm so happy for you and your 5 F's!
Post a Comment