Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So Much for Self-Imposed Cutbacks

We're not even two weeks into the new year, and I've stumbled on one of my self-imposed 2009 personal spending cutback. I decided to run downtown on Saturday to get my ring cleaned. With the underbelly of my ring being open, I felt like all the handwashing I've been doing this winter was beginning to leave a film on my ring. While I was out and about, I stopped in a few shops and didn't seem to be wowed by anything. When I stopped in the last shop by my parked car, I found a sale. Yikes. As J says, "It was on sale... you had to buy it, right?" (Understand he is being purely sarcastic.)

With my weight loss over the past six months, my jeans no longer fit. J even told me I had saggy butt in jeans I had just bought at Old Navy in August. I found a pair of J Brand jeans on sale for 65% off because there was a blemish in the denim. That flaw certainly didn't stop me from trying them on. I am now the proud owner of my first pair of skinny jeans! I'm may be too late in the game on the skinny jean, but at only $60, I don't care! (Please note... these are not my abs.)

With my trip to Arkansas coming up this Wednesday, I couldn't help but eye a perfect travel purse. The outside is an amazing felt-like material that is actually made out of 100% recycled materials. The inside is a cute plaid... overall, it's a perfect winter purse.
Have you had trouble keeping to your resolutions already this year?

Abbie

3 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

woot woot!! Way to go!!! LOVE them!!!!!

USCEmily said...

What a cute purse! Matt and Nat's are so durable, too!

StylishSuburban said...

Love these jeans!

Related Posts with Thumbnails