Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wedding Wednesday: A New Engagement

I am very excited to announce that my friend and co-worker got engaged last month... exactly one day after she shoved my hand in her boyfriend's face to make him look at my ring. Based on experience, guys in relationships do not want to see the rings (or hear about them) of your engaged friends. J finally told me, "You know... it's so annoying when you make me look at some girl's ring when you don't even know whether I've got something planned." Little did Laura know, her boyfriend had a proposal plan for over a month. He begged her to go with him to cut down a tree for Christmas. The night before she made me tell him that I hadn't gone with J to get our tree, in hopes that he wouldn't make her go with him. I thought it was an absolute riot that she was so grumpy about going with him when she would come home with not only a tree, but a new accessory as well. (It didn't hurt that I no longer felt like I was the only one that was not-so-friendly the morning the ring was presented!)

Laura and her fiance' have decided to get married this year. It has been fun helping her with her planning process, while I'm going through mine. I am just a little further along than she is, but I can already see my past stress levels being mimicked by her. It's nice to be able to give her the "sun will come out tomorrow" speech when I just got it a little while ago.

She is thinking of using chocolate and clover as her colors. I've had fun sending her inspiration boards found through blogs and wanted to share one of the weddings with you.
Found via Blush Events

I think this was my favorite brown & green wedding. Maybe it was the boots...

Are you helping friends with their wedding planning while you are planning your own?

Abbie

6 comments:

Lynsey said...

My best friend and maid of honor is getting married one month after my wedding. So we are having a blast planning our wedding together!

Stephanie said...

I love green and brown as well, and if we had been married in the spring or fall I so would have gone that route...well, and added a touch of pink of course!

We did pink, ivory, and a little burgandy.

Bridgit said...

Green and brown were my colors - I think they look fabulous together!

Anonymous said...

yay! my friend Matt Morgan shot that wedding! The colors were gorgeous :)

Bride in Exile said...

I wish I had someone to plan with! I've definitely picked the brains of married friends, but none of my close pals are engaged at the moment. It's been great reading other bridal blogs, though -- it's so helpful to see how other people approach this process and deal with all of the stuff that inevitably pops up (family expectations, budget issues, etc).

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

mine is over, obviously, but i'm helping a girl tonight with hers. it's so much fun!

congratulations to your friend.

AND your blog looks fantastic!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails