Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Wedding Wednesday: Adding Details
Ages ago, I bought a bunch of white restaurant quality cloth napkins on eBay. I thought it might be nice to decorate them in some way to make them not as plain. At first, I thought it would be fun to add a little ruffle of vintage fabric here and there. Then, I thought I could leave some plain to resell after the wedding... and every third napkin or so, I could add a fun monogram. I'm not sure if it will work, but I found some iron-on transfer paper to use in the inkjet printer... so the idea just might work. So far, I love the Darling Monograms font. I used it on the wedding website insert for the save-the-dates and used three different styles.


What do you think? We could reuse 25-30 napkins, but I wouldn't monogram any more than that. How did you personalize, or do you plan to personalize, your reception?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I love the monogrammed napkin idea for the reception...and I love the monograms you chose...I think you should alternate between the three! I am interested to see how the iron on ink jet paper works! Make sure you post pictures!
Oh I love the idea of monogramming them! And the iron on should work pretty well for that. Definitely want to hear more about this if you go through with it!
Thats cool! I have decided to not monogram much around our reception. The most we are having is a tiny little V (for the Fi's surname) on our champagne flutes and a tiny little V on a few votives. Other than that I don't want to look overboard.
I always worry that I will overkill and then the effect will be lost.
Let us know how it goes!
i like #'s 2 & 3. some fancy sewing machines can do that at a press of a button. or there's fabric paint for gocco. i like it regardless.
Post a Comment