Thursday, January 29, 2009

You Can Call Me the Fat Lady

First-- I want to apologize to my readers for my psycho freak-out post from earlier today. I had a moment of slight insanity... only because the color needed was almost completely sold out, but I still freaked out. One more reason we should have done this instead...

or this...

J vetoed that right off the bat. It would have been SO much easier. Oh well.


The saga was just too much for me to handle. After 30 emails (I'm serious), I picked up the phone and called my mom. My sister had stopped by, so I caught them both at the same time. I'm not sure if it was my dripping sweet voice that won them over or that I told them I would try to sell the other one on eBay to get some of the money back, but they got online and purchased a new dress for my sister. Heck, it was only $56!

Out with the old...
In with the new...
I was a little concerned when my sister ordered the exact same size as the other dress. Mom admitted to me after my sister left that the issue wasn't even the size-- it was the bust! My sister is not nearly as endowed as I am and couldn't fill it out. At least she's happy now. By the way, if anyone would love to own a petite 2 in the dress mentioned above, let me know!

Abbie

6 comments:

Modelmental said...

Good on you for staying sweet! You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, the saying goes. Shame, I understand your sister not wanting to wear an unflattering dress, but maybe she could've tried, oh I don't know, being honest?! You would've come to the same brilliant conclusion anyway. Clever clogs.

quite contrary said...

oooh, love the dresses and the color! can't wait to see it all come out ; )

I tagged you on my blog!

southern daze said...

I'm glad the new dress is ordered and before you know it, everything will be set + ready to go. If it makes you feel any better, I would have had the exact same freak out if I were in your shoes. It's totally normal so don't get down on yourself. Weddings, no matter how you look at it, are stressful. I promise that even if things aren't perfect (and they rarely are), your wedding will still be totally worth it!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Love that color!!!

Milltini said...

SO glad it worked out, and you don't have to apologize to us for the freak out..that's what we're here for my bloggy friend ;-) happy friday!

Jenny said...

I love the old dress, but also the new one!! I actually bought that first dress (in pink, from J CREW) for a wedding this summer :-) Love the green color.

Related Posts with Thumbnails