So, I went to the meeting and weighed in. Surprisingly, I was down .8. Who would have guessed? I have to be honest... I abandoned counting points more than a month ago, as well as the gym. I missed a couple of days and the spiral began, hence my not wanting to miss a meeting, too-- that would only make the situation worse. Despite all of this, I have actually managed to still be down almost all of the total weight that I had lost to date. I'm telling you-- it's the change in my lifestyle and mindset! I'm just flat-out eating better and smaller portions. I still have cheese dip every now and again, but that's okay! I'm not going to live the rest of my life without eating food I love every once in a while. That, my friends, would be a diet.
I did manage to grab the weekly pamphlet on my way out the door. (I weighed in but skipped the actual meeting to go clean house for our unexpected guests.) This week's theme: Eat Out and On the Run. The gist:
-Before you go, Prepare:
- Plan ahead about what you'll eat
- Prepare your mind for success
- Practice portion control
- Fit in splurges with extra Points values
HG's Make-Mine-Mint Cookie-rific Ice Cream Freeze
PER SERVING (entire shake): 159 calories, 3.25g fat, 164mg sodium, 26.5g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 12g sugars, 6g protein -- POINTS® value 3
Ingredients:
5 ounces (1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp.) light vanilla soymilk
1/4 cup fat-free vanilla ice cream
1/2 pack 100 Calorie Packs Oreo Thin Crisps or 3/4 sheet (3 crackers) chocolate graham crackers
1 tsp. Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer, dissolved in 2 tbsp. warm water
2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda)
5 to 8 ice cubes or 1 cup crushed ice
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
2 drops green food coloring
Optional Toppings: Fat Free Reddi-wip and additional cookie (or graham cracker) crumbs
Directions:
Lightly crush cookies or graham crackers and set aside. Place all OTHER ingredients (except for the optional toppings) in a blender. Blend on high for 45 to 60 s econds, until mixed thoroughly. Pour into a tall glass and stir in the crushed cookies or graham crackers. If you like, top it all off with some Reddi-wip and chocolate cookie/cracker crumbs. Mmmmmm!
MAKES 1 SERVING







4 comments:
WAY TO GO!!! Even if you haven't been counting, you still lost weight!! That is HUGE! It truly does show a change in lifestyle and not a diet!! woo hoo!
Thanks for sharing recipes with us. I made your Mexican Meatloaf last night and it was a huge hit!
Wow, I am REALLY impressed! I am so noncommittal when it comes to diets and gyms. Good for you:)
Oh, and ps, happy new year!!
I'm the same way. I went to a meeting today for the first time in a while and was down 2 lbs (on top of the weight I've lost). But I haven't really been doing anything other than changing my habits.
Post a Comment