Wednesday, November 5, 2008

NieNie Donation Gone Awry?

I have debated back and forth about whether to even post about this, but I've been just sick with not knowing what came of my "donation". I'm sure most of you have heard of the NieNie donation efforts that started back in August. I had just started my blog and had heard of the tragic accident that had caused such pain for Stephanie & Christian's family. I was anxious to get involved. Unfortunately, I was a little short on money, so I had to limit my donation efforts. I signed up to win numerous auctions that were listed on Design Mom's blog. Auction after auction ended with me not "winning" any of the items, so I decided to take advantage of a blog makeover offer. The background I have been using is one of the standard blog formats offered by Blogger and thought it would neat to have a unique background or header. I received an email from the person who had the listing requesting the "donation" and asking me to send information regarding what changes I had envisioned. So, I immediately (within 5 minutes of receiving the email) transferred via PayPal four times the amount that had been requested... that's right, four times the amount! I even attached a message saying I felt compelled to give more because of the great cause. After numerous emails made by me with no response over the past two and a half months, I gave up on the idea of receiving a blog makeover. Don't get the wrong idea... that's not why I am upset. Here's the problem... the seller had me transfer the money to her, not the NieNie fund. I should have said no, but I trusted this person would do the right thing and transfer a bulk amount of everyone's donations. So, after months of wondering whether the money actually reached the fund, I emailed her. I told her that I was no longer concerned about whether I received the service and that my main concern was that the money had reached the right hands. I still have not heard word back and don't expect to. The whole thing just makes me sick. I'm afraid that someone took advantage of the situation and walked away with money that wasn't intended for them-- not just mine, as several people had "bid" on her listings. My only hope now is that she reads this post and does the right thing.

*Clarification: I must note that Design Mom is not the offender. She was gracious enough to list all of the auctions that were going on for the NieNie fund, but she was not the auction lister I am discussing here.

5 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

oh wow...

all i am going to say is that i'm sorry...and KARMA!

southern daze said...

That's terrible!! Have you reached out to Design Mom and made her aware of what this "seller" did?

Anonymous said...

How terrible! I hope that the money went to the fund, and that the girl can't access email or something (to explain never getting back to you). How could a person keep that for themselves? If she did, I hope whatever she bought with it breaks/makes her look fat. to ditto mojito maven, Karma! (Good for you, bad for her :) )

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

oh wow. this is terrible!!

Chic Runner said...

So Sad!!!! I'm sorry that happened,

you can email the Sharnie at acornglue.com. She did mine and did amazing and it was like 15 bucks, but I paid her a lot more because it was amazing working with her and it came out incredible!

Related Posts with Thumbnails