While thumbing through the latest
Martha Stewart magazine that came in the mail, I saw a picture that made me go back to my original idea for our reception decor.

(If you have trouble viewing the picture, you can see a bigger one by clicking on Martha's links above.) Originally, I liked the idea of using burlap tablecloths with lace overlays and adding color through votive holders, etc. The doily tablecloth in the picture is just too cute. Martha Stewart gives a
how-to guide on her website... and the price is right! Instead of burlap, we could rent khaki tablecloths. I love the rustic, homespun look, but I'm torn on whether to go with this look or with the blue tablecloths and vibe in my
latest inspiration posts. I know that we won't be able to have the green plates in the inspiration photos, so the pop of color would still be in the form of
votives. We were "gifted" the vases and turquoise votive holders that Jen used for her wedding. I am thinking of covering the vases in birch paper or moss sleeves (similar to those listed on
Pottery Barn). Which palette do you prefer? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
2 comments:
I love the idea of the doilies and khaki linens... that would be so very pretty with colorful votives. A nice neutral with pretty details (like the doilies) will be charming and timeless... and set a nice foundation.
I came across your blog. I like the Martha Stewart stuff too :)
Post a Comment