Monday, November 3, 2008

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

Although the girls already know that they will be my maids (we did just go through the dress saga), I never really got around to formally asking them. I think it's because I was getting a bit of flack for jumping the gun before J gave me a ring, and I just couldn't deal with any more than I needed to.

Ages ago, before the house was on the market, I ordered the cutest cards from The Dessy Group's website. The cards were designed by Oh Joy, whose blog I read regularly. When I ordered the cards, I just knew that I was going with a bird theme for the wedding. When you start pulling inspiration over a year before your wedding, you'll change your mind more than once. Even though I've abandoned the bird theme, the cards will still work because they're green.

Aren't they cute? I will probably get together with Jen and KA over drinks to hand deliver theirs, along with their dresses. I'll put my sister and step-sister's in the mail. I love the idea of giving them something handwritten to formally ask them. *Side note: all four of my "maids" are already married with a child... shouldn't I be calling them bridesmatrons? He, he... sounds kind of funny.

How did you ask your maids?

4 comments:

Amy@Fiancé Meeting You Here said...

These are really cute. I'm sure they are going to love getting these!

Milltini said...

These are so cute! My two best friends are getting married this year and both asked me with adorable cards. One even threw in a cookie with their wedding date on it, which was a pretty sweet surprise ;-) *cheese pun intended...

Anonymous said...

heehee -- bridesmatrons -- I like that :)

Adorable cards!

JennyLee said...

These cards are adorable! I love the birds.

Related Posts with Thumbnails