I am probably too frantic about flower arrangements considering we have just under nine months until the wedding, but I seem to be having a panic attack. In Steamboat, there are quite a few flower shops. Unfortunately, none of them seem to be in our budget. Nearly all of my friends who have gotten married in the past three years have ordered their flowers directly from Safeway, the grocery store. The store would also rent out the kiosk to the bride the Wednesday or Thursday before the wedding for $50 if she wanted to arrange the flowers on her own... or they would arrange them for you for an extra cost. Either way, they would store the flowers for you until the day of the wedding. I was sure that I would just order our flowers through them as well. Unfortunately, when I called, I found out that the person that had been in charge of doing weddings etc. had retired, and the woman I spoke to seemed less than happy to help. She told me to call back in April... for my July wedding. Don't think so! Then, she told me that she probably won't be working there after January, which is actually good to know. So, I'm back to square one for now. At least I have a few inspiration pics to go on...
Did you notice the trend? I'm definitely leaning toward mainly white and green floral arrangements, but that could all change! I was thinking that would be a great way to bring in the green in a simple way.
Where did you order (or plan to order) your flowers? Did you go with a true florist or an alternative?
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













7 comments:
I love that the color palette is simple. Very elegant. Good choices!
I love the white and green...so clean and classic!
I think you will be happy with the white and green! It's very timeless.
I find myself drawn to the white w/greenery florals bc you really can't go wrong! I love, love #2 and #5-so gorgeous!
The biggest splurge in our budget is a full-on florist / decorator. I'm not handy or crafty and had no idea what flowers / arrangements I'd like so I left it all up to a very creative professional... Saw the mock-up yesterday and it blew me away. Yay. You'd love it actually, same colours/textures. I might blog it today, still deciding! ;-)
I love the white and green. That's kind of where I'm going as well, so thanks for the inspiration!
Just happened to stumble across your blog. I got married a year (and one month) ago and actually blogged about our wedding on a budget - we did everything under $5000 (which also included our honeymoon.)
I did silk flowers, which my mom arranged. We bought them when they were on clearance from stores like AC Moore and Garden Ridge. I think that was the biggest place we cut back on - and my flowers looked like the real deal. So. I haven't read through your blog enough, but if you're looking for a (cheaper) alternative, I definitely recommend it.
Good luck!
Post a Comment